The Superman Family of titles with the cover date of November/December 1954 cover date were SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 2 & WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 73.
SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN was published around September 21, 1954. It contained 32 pages for the cover price of 10 cents. Mort Weisinger was the editor. The cover was pencilled by Curt Swan. All three stories in this issue were written by Otto Binder, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Ray Burnley.
- THE FLYING JIMMY OLSEN!, 8 pgs.
- THE HIDE AND SEEK MYSTERY!, 8 pgs.
- JIMMY OLSEN, SUPERMAN’S EX-PAL!, 6 pgs.
This issue was reprinted in SHOWCASE PRESENTS: SUPERMAN FAMILY vol. I.
WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 73 was published around September 30, 1954. It also contained 32 pages for a dime. The editor was Jack Schiff. The cover was pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
- The Superman and Batman story: BATMAN AND SUPERMAN, SWAMIS, INC!, (12 pgs.) written by Edmond Hamilton, pencilled by Curt Swan and inked by Stan Kaye.
This story was reprinted in WORLD’S FINEST COMICS ARCHIVES vol. I and SHOWCASE PRESENTS: WORLD’S FINEST vol. I.
- Tomahawk: THE YANKEE SCHOOLMASTER: (6 pgs.) written by Bruno Prmiani and inked by Ray Burnley.
- Green Arrow: THE HERCULES ARROW: (6 pgs.) drawn by George Papp.
Next Episode: SUPERMAN: SERIAL TO CEREAL!
In two weeks: SUPERMAN FAMILY OF COMICS COVER DATED JANUARY/FEBRUARY 1955: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 3 & WORLD’S FINEST COMICS 74!
Join the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and MY PULL LIST groups on facebook, and follow the podcast and blogs on twitter @supermanpodcast.
Any artwork shown with the show notes is for entertainment purposes only. I do not make any money from this podcast. Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics.
Thanks for listening to the SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST and, as always, thanks to Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster.