Because of holiday family celebrations and work schedules, there was little time to prepare of post the final two scheduled episodes of 2013. So I decided to do this episode, scheduled to be the final one of 2013, to begin 2014, followed by the next regularly scheduled silver age Superman story episode.
To review the Man of Steel in comic books, I cover:
- SUPERMAN 15 – 25 and SUPERMAN ANNUAL 2. (SUPERMAN 26 was released on Tuesday, December 31, 2013, but I was not able to go to my local comic book shop, Acme Superstore, until today, Saturday, January 4, 2014.
- ACTION COMICS 16 – 26 and ACTION COMICS ANNUAL 2.
- SUPERMAN UNCHAINED 1 – 4. (SUPERMAN UNCHAINED 5 was published on the same day as SUPERMAN 26, but I was unable to go to my local comic book shop before the end of the year.
I also briefly discuss my trip to the Superman Celebration in Metropolis, Illinois, which I covered in the multi-part Episode 271, Part I, Part II, Part III, Part IV, Part V & Part VI. Next I highlight my thoughts on the film MAN OF STEEL, which premiered the week after the Superman Celebration, and I originally reviewed in Episode 272.
I also highlight some of my pop culture Christmas gifts, as well as the pop culture Christmas gifts I bought for my family.
Next episode, I resume my regularly scheduled trip through the time barrier to explore the silver age adventures of Superman with the: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1962 PART I: SUPERMAN 157, which was originally scheduled to be released on Christmas week 2013.
The following week: SUPERMAN COMIC BOOK COVER DATED NOVEMBER 1962 PART II; ACTION COMICS 294!
On the fourth week of January: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1960 PART I: SUPERMAN’S GIRL FRIEND LOIS LANE 14!
We finish the first month of 2014 with: SUPERMAN FAMILY COMIC BOOK COVER DATED JANUARY 1960 PART II: SUPERMAN’S PAL JIMMY OLSEN 42!
The new home for THE SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is http://thesupermanfanpodcast.blogspot.com. Send e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUPERMAN FAN PODCAST is a proud member of the following:
- The LEAGUE OF COMIC BOOK PODCASTERS at http://www.comicbooknoise.com/league ,
- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
- The SUPERMAN WEBRING of websites, and- The SUPERMAN PODCAST NETWORK at http://supermanpodcastnetwork !
Superman and all related characters are trademark and copyright DC Comics. Any art shown on this podcast is for entertainment purposes only, and not for profit. I make no claims of ownership of these images, nor do I earn any money from this podcast.
Filed under: Comic Podcasts, Superman Fan Podcast
Tags: action comics, Comic Book Podcast, Comic Books, Man of Steel, Metropolis Illinois, Superman, Superman Annual, Superman Celebration, Superman Fan Podcast, Superman Podcast, Year In Review